Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"I go potty a lot, Momma"

My heart is heavy today, yet I am overcome with joy. My baby girl (and by baby I mean my 2 and a half year old, Kaylee) is finally potty trained. She woke up one morning this past week and decided that she didn't need pull-ups anymore. Yes it was that easy. We started "trying" to potty train her at 18 months but never were very serious about it because we had always heard that she'd let us know when she was ready. Plus, with baby sister on the way we knew that that in itself would make things a little harder so we never really enforced it. I had finally decided that now that I have figured out how to be a mom of 2 and had my routine down that I would start really working with KB and have her potty trained by the end of this month. Guess she decided she'd do it for me! YAY!

So why am I sad at the same time? I'm so proud of her accomplishment (we've officially been in panties for almost a week now with no accidents) but at the same time this is just one more part of babydom that is gone. She's growing up on me. Every day I look at her and see more and more the little girl that she is becoming. She has a laugh that is contagious, a heart of gold, and an imagination that will make you want to get on her level and only hope that you were her age again. 

Kaylee says the funniest things. I love you sweet girl and am so proud of you, even if it means you are growing up on me. 

It's moments like this that make me love being a mother. (who knew you'd get so excited about someone using the potty?!)

P.S.- I'm a pro at the "potty dance".

No comments:

Post a Comment