Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ready, Set, Blog...

So for some time now I've been thinking about blogging....since my first was born in fact. I just never felt like I had the time to do it. I have friends who have blogged since their children were born and what a neat way to "journal" your child's life as they grow up. Most baby books are just about the first year (and I haven't even finished that yet) and a blog can be as long as you want it to be! 

This blog will mainly be dedicated to my two little girls and what goes on in their daily lives....with some added bonus of what my life is like as a part time stay at home mom. I'm excited to have this to look back on a few years from now and remember what I felt and what happened on a particular day!

So, just a background.....my husband and I started dating almost 10 years ago, got married 4 years ago, welcomed our first beautiful little girl to the world 2 1/2 years ago, and just recently brought home another beautiful little girl 2 months ago. To say our life isn't busy would be an understatement.

About 3 weeks ago we had a realtor knock on our door to tell us that the client he has been working with had randomly picked out our house as a house that he wanted to buy for his daughter...without ever even seeing the inside. The realtor asked if we'd be willing to entertain an offer on our house and for those of you that know my husband you can imagine the response. You can sell anything for the right price, right? Well the knock on our door happened on a Monday, the realtor came to our house on a Wednesday after doing some research to see the inside and tell us what he would list our house for. Before we "listed" the house we told the realtor to have his client come look at the house (keep in mind I'm on maternity leave and a new part time stay at home mom so I've had the girls with me all day and cleaning was not on my mind)....well the client came over in 10 minutes!!! I was mortified that the house was not show ready, but oh well. We left and within 20 minutes we received a phone call with an offer on our house. Again, for those of you that know my husband you know he does things his way. Well the offer that was made was already an amazing offer...not to mention they wanted to pay cash! What did my husband say....he said let me think about it and called them back the next day asking for more money if we were going to be out of the house in 30 days. Low and behold they accepted and we signed paperwork Friday. WOW is right. The hunt for a new home for our family began Saturday and after looking at 45 houses (literally) we found the new place we will call home as of the end of this month!!! I'm excited but it sure has been a whirlwind of a time for this momma.

August just keeps on happening though...not only are we enjoying our new baby girl, adjusting to life with 2 kids, and in the process of moving, but life threw us another curveball last week. My husband's little brother was in a car accident early Monday morning, August 9th and passed away. We received the phone call at 5am that morning and I will never forget it. It was horrible. We ended up heading to his family's home 8 hours away that morning and were there for a week taking care of funeral arrangements and grieving as best we could. It still hasn't really sunk in that his little brother is gone for either of us, but we just keep telling each other we'll get through this one day at a time. I know that once the craziness of moving dies down it will hit us and it will hit us hard, but we made it through my husband's deployment to Iraq, so I know we can make it through this albeit a lot harder, but we can do it.

So.......long blog to start off but I just wanted to share what a crazy, emotional, exhausting, stressful, joyful August it has been for this household. I think I've felt just about every emotion one can feel this month. Anyways, my youngest is hungry so I better feed her before my oldest wakes up from her nap to play. I look forward to blogging and sharing my every day life with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment